Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dinner:

This is my dinner tonight. It cost me:

1. Salmon: £2.20 / 4 = 55p
2. Eggs: £1.50 / 15 x 2 = 20p
3. Mushrooms: £0.79 / 3 = 26p
4. Rice: 10p?
5. Lettuce: £0.99 / 3 = 33p
6. Chicken broth: £0.72 / 12 / 2 = 3p
7. Salt + Pepper + Oil = 5p?

Total = 55p + 20p + 26p + 10p + 33p + 3p + 5p = £1.55
and roughly 30mins in total.
Why did I agree to the £100 (for 3) dinner plan with the landlady - and eat sardine + pasta / canned curry beef + rice every evening?!
It will even be cheaper if the 3 of us cook together - because it is a fact that less food will be used per person if we cook in bulk. And obviously not everyday will be salmon day...
Anyway, to celebrate the end of the £100 meal plan, other than the salmon, I have also bought prawns, chicken wings, more chicken legs, strawberries, beansprouts, more lettuce, onions, pork luncheon meat, sweet corn, diced carrots, baked beans with sausage (it is good!), fisherman's pie (which I have already eaten - I don't know why I just like it) - and then I'll see what kind of permutations we can create. Almost bought a bottle of wine too but realised in time that I do not have an opener :P
The items I listed cost £13.87 - and with what we have with us now should be able to last more than a week.
Oh and also 4 packets of £2 for 2 cookies from M&S! I am officially a fan of theirs now...

Labels: