Thursday, October 11, 2007

Coursework stuff.

Today there was this girl in class wearing a green pullover. For a moment I was thinking: what is this TKGS girl doing over here?

Goodness. I've officially started to hallucinate.

Had been pretty busy with work the past few days. The first round of midterms, papers, etc. were finally over yesterday and of course it is time to relax a little. This won't last long though... Judging by the fact that there are stuff piling up I would have to start clearing them before they reach critical level. Sigh I guess from now onwards I can only possibly relax when this semester is over.

It is hard to be an undergraduate because you don't seem to have enough time to pay full attention to anything. That is stressful. Oh well, I don't think the life of a graduate student is better though.

And I don't feel very confident about the classes this semester. It might be because I am not certain of what is going to be the format of the exams. I heard that history exams are mostly MCQs and fill in the blanks but seriously I don't know how the exams for the class that I am taking now is going to be like. The two biology upper-level electives are more analysis based than anything. We need to write short essays for my signalling class exam, and I expect short essays too for molecular biology. Finally essays hit - it's not true that Americans only know how to do T/F or MCQ. There goes another myth.

Genetics is supposed to be relatively simple, and indeed it actually is, but I have no idea why I still kind of screwed up my first exam a bit. It's not fatal but then, hmmms need to work harder, especially for the graded homework problems. Argh if I have read the supplements before I did one of the problem sets I wouldn't have to worry now at all! :(

Have a month to work on this problem:

> How do you figure out experimentally the structure of an actively transcribing chromatin segment - especially for a single-copy gene?

I HAVE NO IDEA. Time to start working on it now.

Labels: ,