Thursday, November 23, 2006

On Stuff.

On holiday:
Just came back from DC meeting Gerald, Ding Ding, Kangyi, Bilin and Wen Yu... It was really fun! Will post pictures and blog about it when I have time, either when I am in Chicago or when I am back. (Haha looking forward to meeting them again after my finals...)

On tiramisu:
My tiramisu had its debut yesterday during the SSA's Thanksgiving dinner. I am pretty convinced that I have succeeded from the feedback I've got. However that pan of tiramisu used up all my Irish Cream and ladyfingers, so I got to go downtown and replenish my supply for the Chicago showdown. And the liquor shop ran out of Irish Cream! So bought Tia Maria, and it will serve double purposes. All of us are 21 already anyway.

On safety:
There are 3 attitudes towards personal safety: reckless, prudent and oversensitive.
Reckless: Walking back to Hopkins from Penn Station alone at 10pm, whereby passing through North Ave, 20 - 24th Streets is inevitable.
Prudent: Wait at Penn Station for the bus to arrive even though it might mean 20 minutes of waiting.
Oversensitive: Return to Baltimore even before it gets dark, because Baltimore is well known to be unsafe after dark, even if it means coming back before 5:30pm.

There is no need to take precautions over everything, and there is also no need to worry too much about stuff which might happen but the possibility of happening is extremely low according to ground judgement. Have more faith in your own judgement and humanity, though common sense must still prevail (e.g. the chance of getting mugged at North Ave at 10pm on Thanksgiving eve can be as high as 20-25%, so you need to take precautions against that). In that case, you can enjoy life and the world around you better.

I hope I am doing the right thing :P

On schoolwork:
I have decided to bring my Biochem lab stuff to Chicago to do. I will start a bit tonight and try to finish before I come back. This is inspired by Bilin, who brought her lab report to DC to do (when she is staying in a hostel). Hmms as A*Star scholars we should be, yup, more hardworking :P